Tuesday 23 October 2007

A New Hope...

I heard today that there are some people over the Irish sea in England that are going to give me a second chance in life and are willing to foster me with a view to adoption.

I'm being sent over to them at the end of the month. Jemima from Black Retriever X Rescue will pick me up from Pembroke early on the 1st November and I'll get to meet my new family.

I'm very nervous as I've never been on a boat before and it's a long way from home. My new family live in the country and I'm told there are lots of great walks on their doorstep. They are near sheep which I don't have much experience of although I've been told I'm not allowed to chase them. They also have a cat and I don't know what to make of them - I hope it's not going to scratch and hiss at me.

I have had an operation recently so am recovering from that and I need to have some injections too before I can go. I guess there's nothing for me to do now but sit and wait for them to collect me.....

No comments: