Monday 14 January 2008

Water, Water Everywhere

Well what a wet horrid week it's been.

Wendy & Richard went to take me to owner school on Saturday and we couldn't go through Swineford because the road was blocked by the river Avon overflowing!!!

The journey there and back is 40 minutes when we can't go through Swineford so I was late for school.

It was a bit of a rush and I was a bit unsettled when I got into the class. I'd been promoted from the group I was in last week and the dogs in the new group were bigger. Because I hadn't had a chance to sniff the dogs before the class, when it came to the walking to 'heel' bit of the class I was a bit too interested in the other dogs.

I did very well on the 'sit', 'down', 'stand' work this week although I still won't do 'down' just on the voice command - only when Wendy actually bends down and tempts me with a treat. Well come on - what do they expect - would you lie on muddy wet grass without some kind of incentive?

I was good on the 'stay' this week and stayed put while Wendy walked around the square and came back to me.

I was OK on the 'wait' when Wendy walked to the other side of the square but not so good on the recall. Wendy called me and the trainer needed to give me a bit of a nudge to make me move.

The journey home seemed very long and I really don't like the car. I was very sick and was foaming/salivating at the mouth when we eventually arrived back.

The vet said I have to keep going on short journeys and also have some time sitting in the car without going anywhere. He thinks I'm stressed rather than motion sick. I have to get used to the car as we're going on something called a holiday in 2 months and that's a long way away.

Walked down to Swineford with Wendy, Richard and Sandy the dog from next door on Saturday. The field we normally play Aerobie Ring in wasn't even there any more - the river had overflowed and it was a lake!! Had a good run in another field and met a nice man with a pointer. The pointer and I had a great run chasing each other all over the field - could have done that all day. Sandy's a nice chap but he's still overweight and older than me so is a bit slower.

My new Aerobie Rings arrived from America last week and boy do they fly!!! I'd chewed the last one so it didn't fly very far but the new ones go for hundreds of yards. I'm not entirely great at bringing them back yet - I enjoy the chase far more but Richard's getting lots of exercise picking them up.

Anyway - I think that's about it for now. I'm a bit muddy so need to look all forlorn and unloved (best abandoned rescue dog look) and maybe Wendy will take pity on me and give me a nice brush - she falls for it every time!!!

No comments: