Wednesday 2 January 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Well - apologies to my regular readers as yet again it's been a while since I wrote.

Wendy's been off work for 11 days for something called 'Christmas'. I have decided I like 'Christmas'. 'Christmas' seems to be comprised of:
- Lots of walks with both owners
- Visitors who want to play with dogs
- A big roast bird called a Turkey which tastes very nice
- Presents and toys for dogs
- Afternoons watching television and sleeping off morning walks and treats

Unfortunately 'Christmas' also seems to be a time for humans to catch something called a 'cold' - it's not like catching a rabbit - the only thing that runs is the human's noses. Wendy and Richard both caught colds for 'Christmas' - they say it's not very nice.

I have had lots of presents including:
- The Dastardly Book for Dogs which is full of good tips like how to escape from the garden and what's good to chew
- A whole bag of tennis balls (I go through them quite quickly)
- A tennis ball launcher - the ball now goes much further
- A chewy ring for fetching or playing tug with

As a dog it's good to hang out around peoples feet at 'Christmas'. People aren't allowed to feed me treats or tidbits whilst they're eating. There is however no rule about me being quick off the mark should they drop something. Wendy and Richard say they're going to rename me Jed Grrr Hoover (apparently after someone famous).

I had to go to the vets during 'Christmas' for a kennel cough vaccination so I can start school on Saturday. The nasty man at the vets stuffed something up my nose!

Have had some nice walks in some new locations. I am a bit sick in the car at the moment (I don't know what the fuss is about because I clean it up myself - I think it tastes better second time around). The vet says I need to go on more journeys to get used to it so Wendy and Richard have been taking me for short journeys. I wasn't sick yesterday.

Richard lost me the other day because I ran after a man on a mountain bike. Well he came past us so quickly I had to chase him. Luckily he rode the bike back past our house and when I got that far I decided to give up. Nobody was home though so I went next door to call for my new friend Sandy.

Sandy and I have become firm friends - he's a rescue dog like me only a bit older and fatter. Richard is going to get him slim and fitter by taking him out on walks with me. We've had several walks together now and it's lots of fun. I go round and call for him and he has also taking to escaping and coming to find me.

Wendy has today gone back to the human kennels that she calls 'work'. She says she has to go to the kennels so that she can pay for my food and schooling. It looks like 'Christmas' is over and I have to wait a whole year for another one.

Oh - I wish it could be Christmas every day.

1 comment:

Sue B said...

Just to let you know how much I enjoy your blog Jed. I have a look every day to see if you have written any more of your adventures. I hope to meet you at Easter if Wendy and Richard come for a holiday near my house.
Sue B