Monday 28 January 2008

Playing Truant

Another week gone by - doesn't time fly when you're having fun.

My friend Sandy is on holiday this week so I've mostly been walking on my own. On Saturday morning as we set off, we met Fiona who has a lovely golden cocker spaniel girl called Hetty. Fiona was going to the shops and taking Hetty with her. When Hetty saw we were going for a walk she wanted to come with us and wouldn't get in the car. Wendy said we'd take her with us so I had a new lady friend for that walk. Hetty was a bit fussy for me - she doesn't like getting wet and muddy something I excel in.

Because school wasn't good last week, this week Wendy and I played truant and didn't go. Wendy and Richard are going to check another training school out tomorrow night but they're not taking me. They think it would be good to watch some sessions at other training clubs before deciding on where to send me.

Little Nanny came up yesterday and the four of us went for a nice walk up in the woods. It was lovely weather this weekend although the ground is still quite muddy. Because the weather was a bit better, Wendy and Richard spent some time in the back garden at the weekend - that was good for me as I got lots of 'bonus play' because they kept throwing a tennis ball for me. I had a few mental setter moments this weekend too - that's when I just go mad and run around a lot.

Wendy and Richard say I'm a lovely dog and can't believe how much I've changed since they originally got me less than 3 months ago. I've put on a bit of weight and filled out but there's not an ounce of fat on me - I'm just a muscly boy from all the running and jumping I do.

I'm really good at commands in the house now - sit, down, stand, come, stay, wait - I can do them all. It's a bit of a different story outside - there's so much more to distract me!!!

Still have a tendency to want to chase cars which I need to grow out of. I also don't like getting in the car still but did have 2 short trips in the car last week without being sick so that's a bit of progress.

No comments: