Tuesday 26 February 2008

A Good Weekend

Well I had a nice weekend. My tummy is better now. Eleanor and Mike next door have 2 extra dogs staying with them so I went over to play on Saturday morning. There is a golden retriever who's quite bouncy and the two of us had a whale of a time running round and round the garden jumping all over each other.

My safety harness arrived which allows me to sit on the back seat of the car (on a blanket of course) and then be safely plugged into the seatbelt mechanism. I'm much happier on the back seat and don't get thrown around so much. On Saturday I was bundled into the car for a short journey to a place called Wick. We then did a 2.7 mile circular walk which was very interesting. We went through a nature reserve with lots of trails (so more to go back and explore later) - then we scrambled up a steep hill (quite short) up to Wick Rocks where we had a good view over the quarry. Then we walked across a small field where Richard threw the ring. He misjudged the wind and it landed in a tree. Funny how every time it lands in a tree it's a prickly hawthorn - tee hee. Richard had to climb the tree to get the ring back.

We walked down a lane for a bit past some nice houses and a farm then turned onto a footpath across a big field. There were 2 other dogs - an old English sheepdog and a fat German shepherd. The sheepdog was quite young and good fun - the shepherd was too fat to run fast though he'd have liked the ring - I think he was quite impressed with it.

All too soon we were back at the car and it was time for us to go home - Wendy and Richard went to see Emily, Jack, Ian and Kristine in the 37th Gangshow on Saturday night so I was on my own again so I just slept.

I ate some very strange dog treats on Saturday. They were orange and squishy and I took them from Wendy's bedside table. She says they were ear plugs - they didn't taste very nice - Wendy said I wasn't meant to eat them but as they're small and soft they probably wouldn't do me any harm.

No comments: