Tuesday 26 February 2008

The New School - Week 2

Well we went to school again last night and Richard came too. The nice lady Jo was there again. There were 2 new dogs this week and one of their owners used to go to school with Wendy. The big white German shepherd was a bit hormonal and barky last night and kept going for other dogs. He's very big and is obviously too much for his owner and hadn't had a walk that day.

Wendy had 3 different tubs of treats - smoked sausage, cheese and smackos - boy was I a good job. I did pretty much everything I was asked to do and again became 'demo dog' - Richard said everyone was saying how good I was.

Last night we did
  • Walk to heel (I was really good at this when Wendy had sausage in her hand and did this on and off the lead

  • Sit and stay

  • Lie down and stay

  • Stand and stay (not so good at this one - I stand but then sit down again)

  • Walk to heel, stop, sit at owners side, let owner walk on a bit while dog stays, call dog to heel, stop, lie down at owners side, repeat

  • Retrieving - I was suprisingly good at this so for me Jo made it harder and threw the ball whilst telling me to stay and then we only fetched the ball when she was ready then bought it back (I'm still not good at this outside but now have some tips on how to help with this)



Was exhausted when we got home from all the mental stimulation so crashed out. Can't wait until next week - I am going to train towards my Kennel Club Bronze Good Citizen award now.

No comments: