Monday 18 February 2008

Tanks and Plains

Well it's been a while since I've written and what a lot's happened.

On the 9th February I had the longest car journey I'd had since I came over from Ireland.

Wendy and Richard took me to a village in Wiltshire called West Lavington. We did walk number 6 on this website http://www.visitwiltshire.co.uk/site/things-to-do/activities/walking.

It was a lovely circular walk and there was woodland and open plains. We could hear tanks firing in the distance but didn't see any soldiers even though I tried to hunt them out.

It was a lovely warm sunny day and on the 6 mile walk we hardly saw a soul. I saw a deer which I chased (as per usual) - Wendy and Richard apparently saw 2 other deer which I'd flushed out bound away over the plain but I didn't see them.

I think Richard may have broken the world record (0.25 miles) for throwing of the aerobie ring. I had such fun chasing it.

I nearly made it all the way to West Lavington without being sick in the car - literally was ill in the last 5 minutes. I was so tired on the way back though I just fell asleep on Wendy's lap in the back of the car and didn't wake up until we got home.

It was a lovely day and I hope we do lots more like it.

No comments: