Thursday 8 November 2007

Another Vet Trip

Had a nice evening last night - Wendy, Richard, Biggles and I all very relaxed in front the TV. I didn't even have to be on the lead and I didn't chase the cat.

Problems at bedtime again - my tummy was bad so I kept wanting to go out - kept poor Richard up again - he must be really fed up with me.

Let Richard have a lie-in this morning and Wendy took me for a long walk before work. Because there wasn't anyone around she let me me off the lead all the way from Shiner's Wood, up to Prospect Stile, across the racecourse, around the ploughed field and halfway across the fort. I had great fun chasing around - I'd let Wendy walk on ahead and then come galloping past her, then start all over again. We did meet 4 large pointer type dogs but they were very friendly and we all had a good sniff.

I was a bit knackered when I got back so had some breakfast and went back to sleep next to the cat.

Had a vet appointment at 12 so Richard took me in the van. To my suprise when we got there Wendy was there too as it's just around the corner from where she works. Richard had some of my poo in a jar (yuk) and the vet said she'll send it off to the Vet School for analysis - I might have sam-and-ella or some other virus or infection so they need to check under the microscope and then grow some stuff in my poo.

Wendy mentioned my right ear was bothering me so the lady vet took a look inside with a torch. I didn't like it in my right ear which is a bit sore. She said it's a bit inflamed and I have ear mites. My left ear is fine though.

I now have some tablets for my diarrhea, some Aunty Bi-Otics which are generic ones as they don't actually know what's wrong yet but these may help. I also have some all purpose ear drops which I'll have to use for 2 weeks and will then need 3 more ear treatments spaced over 6 weeks to deal with the ear mite eggs and make sure they don't come back.

Because I was so good in the vets, Wendy bought me a big squeaky ball to play with - she says she thinks she'll regret it because I'm sure to make it squeak lots.

That was another £48 at the vets - I'm doing well - I've been with Wendy & Richard a week and already cost them over £100 in vets fees plus all the other things they've bought me. Let's hope I can prove I'm worth it.

Anyway must go - off in the van with Richard to meet Grandpa David and apparently Uncle Paul is coming up this afternoon too.

No comments: